Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Run with Endruance


"...let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily hinders our progress. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish."
Hebrews 12:1

"Keep going.....You so got this!"
This is the mantra that goes through my mind when I run. Running used to be so easy. Back in high school I was involved in sports from 3:30 p.m. till 9:00 p.m. Running for hours on end was normal and expected, but seven years later running is dreaded but a needed release at the same time. I got back into disciplined running about a year ago with a friend of mine, Jamie whose daughter Kendyl comes to our home for day care. We live close and we would meet at the round about in the mornings for a quick run before work.

It was nice to get a head start on the day and we felt so accomplished having run miles and miles while most of the city was still sleeping. As I would trudge up the huge hill back to the house and see most of the homes on my block still black and silent I would think, "Man, I've been up for hours experiencing the day before you've even thought about waking up! There is so much beauty and life in the morning!" I feel that same way for people that haven't found God. They are still going through life asleep and missing so much yet so unaware of it. You have no idea what life is like with God until you've gotten a taste of it~once you do, you'll be hooked.

I had been running for pleasure, but that has turned into a driven focus for the Lincoln Marathon. We will be running the Lincoln Half Marathon (13 miles) this Sunday. It's something that we've been looking forward to but now that it's just around the corner I'm nervous! I'm not sure why I'm nervous...maybe it's just that I'm excited but my mind is having a mix up on what it's feeling....Anyway, if you think of it, say a little prayer for us on Sunday morning!

No comments: