Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Let me do it me self!!


These are some of Sawyer's little Day Care buddies.
(Dane, Sawyer, Dalton, Payton, Katherine, Ali)


Sawyer has fully amerced himself into the 'Let me do it me self!!' stage of life. Everything from buckling his car seat, to buttoning his jammies, to putting in new trash bags and picking out which Bible story we read at night. It's a new phase that just shows that he is right on track for becoming a 'big boy'......but oh my goodness.....everything takes FOREVER when he does it! I really have to make a conscious effort not to jump in, take over or tap my foot in impatience as we are sitting at the front door as he's picking out a pair of socks to wear with enough thorough consideration you'd think he was picking out a child for adoption.....I know in about ten years I will be longing for this stage again when he's a teenager and refusing to help out with anything.
Lord, multiply my patience, help me to really enjoy the moments, and give Sawyer direction and guidance along with enough room to learn on his own.

Good job folding your laundry Sawyer! Way to go buddy!

No comments: