Friday, December 10, 2010

Sour Cream Cookies (Cookie Day #7)

(You can find the rcipe on the 'Recipes from Posts' page located on the right side of the screen)

These might be some of the best cookies Ive ever had.....wow. Sawyer's friend Kendyl brought this recipe in and we knew it was going to be good because it was her Daddy's favorite and he was sure right! After baking the sour cream cookies, we made a rich brown butter glaze that the cookies were dipped in. The glaze made them velvety smooth and just heavenly! We had made a double batch so after all the kiddos took some home, Sawyer and I delivered some to all of our neighbors.

This was a flying airplane car that Sawyer likes to make and yesterday he wanted me to take a picture of it to put on the blog :)

I had bought a new nativity scene set from the Christian book store the other day that had lots of different people~that way, when we're doing the story, each of them get to hold a couple of characters rather than squabbling over them.

We've been doing the story everyday before lunchtime and the kids just can't get enough of it! They are quick to correct me if I leave out a certain phrase that I've said the other days but left out today. They love holding their two characters and placing them in when it's their turn.

Afterwards, I let them tell each other the story while I get lunch ready and let me tell you that we have some very creative children because I've never herd so many different renditions of the Christmas story! According to them, Mary and Joseph end up taking quite a few pit stops at different gas stations to get Diet Cokes and corn nuts......the shepards locate the star using 'sky map' on their phones and the inn keeper doesn't have a pool to swim in...... I bite my tongue to correct them because at the end of each story, no matter how they get there, baby Jesus makes it into the manger and they say, "The real meaning of Christmas is that Baby Jesus was born and was the best gift of all!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Tell Sawyer that Aunt Kirsten loves his airplane car and wishes she had one. Posting those cookie recipes (especially the last one) would be a nice idea!!! Love, k

Jane's Junk said...

Hey Sawyer!! Cool car!!!! Delicious cookies too!!!!!! It was good to see you on FaceTalk!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!