Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Drizzly Day With The Penguins

The nice thing about having a zoo pass is that you don't have to feel guilty about just popping in for a quick visit to your favorite exhibits. So, on a drizzly afternoon in December, we met my good friend Gina and her two kids Caiden and Kayla at the zoo! Even though Sawyer looks less than enthused in the picture, he always LOVES hanging out with them :)

One of our favorite stops is the penguins at the aquarium...they are just so funny! Waddling around and all of a sudden diving into the water with perfect form....just awesome! You can also watch them live via webcam on the zoo website! How cool is that?!?

Sawyer was totally glued to watching them...

Pressed faces against the cool glass with eyes wide with curiosity and amazement.

I love the crooked horn...

And of course everyone's favorite: walking through the aquarium tunnel...no matter how many times you do it, it never gets old. It somehow looks different every time...Sawyer ended up going home with Gina and the kids play for the evening and Bill and I headed down to the Mid Town Crossing Cinedine Theater to celebrate Ron's Birthday!



We stopped to have a drink before the movie and I kept wanting to take pictures of our drinks, but the entire counter lit up in different colors and were constantly changing...so it was very tricky to time it right....

Anyway, we had great dinner while lounging in the comfy chairs.....I hated the movie though. We saw "Tron"...boring.

1 comment:

christel said...

I got dragged to that movie too--it WAS boring. Tell me you weren't made to watch the original first as I was (that made it almost FOUR hours total time I'll never get back)!