Friday, June 8, 2012

Welcome to the world, Raylan!


It's been forever since my last posting. You know it. I know it. Let's just not talk about it. On top of that, when I signed in to send out a quick post, it turns out that Blogger when out and changed up the whole format and I have no idea how to use it! So that is the reason for weird placement, odd sized pictures and anything else that goes wrong. I'm blaming it all on Blogger. 

Alrighty then, now that that's taken care of, let's get on with it! Now what was the last major event that I could talk about......hmmmmmmm.....oh yeah! We had a baby! (Well actually I had a baby, but I don't want to steal the spot light so I'll let Bill be included in the royal 'we'.)


Morning of Raylan's birth: Contractions started at 2:30 a.m. We left for the hospital about 4:45 a.m. Stopped at Starbucks for coffee on the way. Checked in at 5:30 a.m. The only thing I was allowed to eat was Jell-O and Italian ice.....yummy lemon!


Raylan Derald Rollins made his grand entrance at 1:41 p.m.! 
He was pink and plump and squawked like a baby bird which made him PERFECT! He was so cute!


A few hours later the visitors started rolling in :) But none was more important than the new BIG BROTHER! I don't know why I expected Sawyer to come bounding in with open arms just dying to cuddle the new baby......I mean, come on. He's five. So like any other five year old who had the rude awakening that the world no longer revolved around him, Sawyer's reaction to Raylan was a little underwhelming.....but thankfully that would change in the days to come! 


These were the little favors that we handed out to everyone that can to the hospital to visit us.


We had such WONDERFUL nurses during our time there, so we brought along this basket of goodies to show our appreciation for all of their patience and sweetness!






The proud Daddy!


Raylan and I were feeling great so we were ale to go home the very next day! Since then, I have been enjoying my maternity leave (3 weeks) and now am back at work. We are adjusting to being a family of four and just loving the new little turkey!*


1 comment:

Rachael said...

Oh Carrie!! This has just made me smile ear to ear. I tell ya... I don't know WHO (but You) looks THAT GOOD and is that organized, thoughtful and put together during the birthing process!! Bahahaha!! But, I'm really proud of you, happy for you and just totally swooning over your little Raylan! Especially since he and I are Team Double R - RR. Can't wait to meet him in person! You look fantastic and the family looks just great!! What an awesome birth story!