Thursday, August 16, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten!


Today was the day! Sawyer's first day of Kindergarten! 

His excitement for the first day of school has been brewing for weeks now but he could barely stand it yesterday! Egging him on even more was this delivery of balloons and a little puppy from Nana Jane in Brazil! 


Then later on that afternoon, Nana Kathy came by to wish him good luck and Papa Steve called to do the same. (My kids have THE BEST grandparents ever!) After all the Day Care kids went home, we packed his back pack, picked out his outfit and made sure we had everything on the list that we needed to bring for his first day. We also made this little treat to take to his teacher that I found on another blog that I read. It turned out SO adorable! 


After corralling him from bouncing off the walls, he was in bed by 8:15 p.m. (a true miracle for our household!) and he just kept saying, "I'm so cited Mom! I'm just SOOO cited!" (We'll correct his pronunciation of EXcited later, but for now, it's adorable.) 
He popped awake at 4:14 a.m. when I was leaving to go work out, thinking it was time for school....
then popped awake again at 6:15 a.m.! 


We had a really fun "First Day of School" breakfast with all of Sawyer's favorites: fruit, scrambled eggs, chocolate chip muffins and orange juice! He ate it all in the red "You are special Today" plate too!


He also got to open up his little box of goodies from Mommy & Daddy that had a coloring book, new markers, trail mix, stickers and a good luck card!


Daddy & Sawyer


The First Day of School Picture*



We finally made it to school just as the first bell was ringing. Sawyer was just dying to get in and get started, but for me....the walk down to the Kindergarten room went all to quickly....


Once we found his room, he marched himself right in like he owned the place, proudly handed Mrs. Johnson her soda treat, hung up his backpack, turned around and said, "Bye Mom!" The emotional lump is making it's way up my throat and i'm feeling pretty proud of myself that I'm managing to keep a lid on it UNTIL Mrs. Johnson says, "I'm so excited to have Sawyer in class, it's going to be a very exciting year!" and I burst into tears while blubbering, "I KNOW!!!!" 


Bill and I quickly made our exit and I bawled all the way down the hall, up the stairs, down another hallway and into the office where we had to pay for his school lunch....yeah, it was lovely. I know he is going to have such a wonderful time and totally going to love it but who am I kidding? It's just kinda sad! anyone who says Kindergarten drop-off is easy, is LYING! lol

I'm excited to hear all about his grand adventure when he gets home this afternoon :) 

2 comments:

Jane's Junk said...

Ahhhhhhh.....that's my grandson!!!!

Rachael said...

OH MY! I neep a nap now! I'm exhausted as this post has made me OOOoh, Aaaah, Cry and Cringe all inclusive!!! Darn You MOM! Our first day of the K will be Monday! Great minds think alike. I got a little morning party planned for Nathan too! I LOOOVE the teacher gift idea! You ROCK woman!!!