Friday, April 26, 2013

It's MY Mom!


Sawyer's Kindergarten class has a 'Mystery Reader' (parent's or grandparents) that come in on Fridays to read to the class. The reader is kept a secret until the day of and then clues about them are read and the class has the chance to guess who it is! Friday was my turn and it was SO fun to peek in and watch Sawyer's reaction after each clue was read~His two little fists would shoot up in the air and he would quietly go, "YES!" Here were my clues:

1. I don't work in an office, I work at home.
2. My favorite drink is a Coke with four limes in it.
3. I love watching, "The Amazing Race".
4. I used to live on a ship and sailed around the world for two years.
5. I am from Brazil.


As soon as she read, "I am from Brazil", Sawyer leaps out of his chair and yells, "That's MY Mom!" he was SO excited! It was so fun to see how proud he was and important he felt as he introduced me and showed me where to sit. I chose to read, "Miss Nelson is Missing" which was one my favorite books when I was their age and the kids LOVED it. They were just bursting with questions when I was done, not about the book, but about my time on the ship. They were so curious and it was fun retelling some of my adventures. I love every opportunity I get to be in the classroom with Sawyer and with this time being a surprise, it was awesome*


Mr. Into-Everything is still.....into everything. Big brother is getting very good at dragging him away from all his naughty temptations: TV remotes, storage baskets full of Day Care diapers, trash cans, Mommy's underwear basket, and the dog's food dishes. He was keeping my company as I was putting laundry away the other day and after a few minutes I heard him squawking like a seagull. I rush into the bathroom to find him COMPLETELY wedged in between the toilet and the wall! 


Our good friends, John and Ashton and their adorable son Jackson were in town last weekend and as always, we like to soak up as much time with them as we can. The boys are just eight days apart but Jackson is walking (rather I should say running!) all over the place and Raylan doesn't even stand up on his own. They spent a good part of the evening fighting over this empty plastic bottle......grabbing it away from each other, bonking each other over the head with it-Ya' know, just being boys!


Oh Sawyer....what a goofball. He is really into telling jokes right now, which would be great except for the fact that he only knows two jokes. His favorite one, he got from his friend Liam goes like this: 
When is a car not a car?........When it turns into a parking lot! 
Then re erupts in hysterical laughter. It is funny-the first 10 times you hear it. Someone please send this kid a joke book!



No comments: