Friday, April 12, 2013

We've got a Beaver Problem...


Nice huh? NOT! I went into get Raylan up a few mornings ago and noticed he had made a little bite mark on his crib. Thought to myself, "Geesh, I need to figure out something to do before this gets worse." The next morning, went in and found this!!!! Now that he has six little chompers in his mouth, he just went to town on this wood! UUUUUGGGGGHHHH! 

So, in a frantic panic, I called on two of my good friends that know how to sew and we figured out a plan. I can't sew a lick....my mother in-law had given me a sewing machine for Christmas and I haven't had the courage to take it out and give it a try, but the little pile of saw dust accumulating on Raylan's floor somehow pushed me over the edge into the sewing world. My sweet friend Melody, came over right away and then off we went to the fabric store to get everything we needed. We cut and ironed and sewed and stuffed and......

TAAAAA-DAAAAAAAAAA:


We got fabric to match his current bedding set and it came out SO cute! This was my very first sewing project ever and I think it turned out pretty darn good! (If I do say so myself!) Thank you Melody, Arliss and Liz for being such patient teachers! I managed to not sew any of my limbs into the machine but for the LIFE OF ME cannot stop saying string instead of thread. It's called thread....thread...thread...THREAD!


Last night was the first night we had the teething guard on and when I came in to get him this morning, he was standing up in his crib with his head laying down in the puffy fabric! So sweet :)


I know this is TOTALLY picture overload, but he's so darn cute that I just can't help myself.


Hopefully it will be a while before he learns how to untie the knots! 
When that happens, we'll have to resort to a muzzle....totally kidding!


Now that I have tackled my first sewing project, I feel like I can sew anything! (Complete disillusionment, I know!) Custom curtains? Gonna nail it. Pinterest projects? Totally. Table cloth for my weird shaped kitchen table? No problem. A four piece suit for Bill to wear to work? Challenge accepted!


Sad wittle beaver......

3 comments:

Jane's Junk said...

Good job!!!🌟🌟🌟

Annie said...

I am so impressed Carrie! Maybe at our next journey group you can teach the rest of us how to sew! :). So cute!

Rachael said...

TOTALLY IMPRESSIVE!! You are sooo super!!