Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Festivities Continue...



Saturday night Bill's mom, Kathy threw the most wonderful bridal shower for her daughter, Danielle. Now, this was no ordinary bridal shower.....no lace doilies, corsages, tea sandwiches and ho-hum games. It was high heals, cocktails, hilarious-nearing inappropriate games, delicious appetizers, heart warming speeches and gifts! We can't forget the gifts! (I gave Dani the sign that I had made for her dessert table at the wedding and she was so surprised and totally loved it! *sigh of relief*) It was a wonderful evening with family and friends as we wished her well in new life as a married woman!


What mom doesn't just LOVE Mother's Day? A whole day dedicated to you and your wonderfulness! While I was at the bridal shower, Bill and Sawyer were busy little bees in the backyard planting me some flowers! ( I know the picture looks like we buried a family pet, but in a few weeks, there will be gorgeous blooms in that very spot!) Sawyer's class had made cookbooks with recipes from each Kindergarten family and then this little book about "My Mom"


I loved the last page. Pretty as: a flower. Sweet as: an apple. Smart as: my dad (What?!) Special as: Me
LOL Oh Sawyer.......you're the best, buddy!!!!! I just loved the handmade gifts! 


Stopped at Starbucks on the way to church for a little coffee treat. (Simmer down Mom, this wasn't HIS, he was just having a little taste!)


After church, we had a great lunch at my in-laws house and then spend most of the afternoon outside enjoying the absolutely GORGEOUS weather! 


Raylan kept conning people into pushing him around the yard in his new car....


Daddy and Raylan working on their tans...


Sawyer and Daddy trying to give Mommy a heart attack on Mother's day...


More gifts! Bring on more gifts!


Raylan would not set one foot in the grass. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the last time he was in it and then got hives allllll over his little body.....but he jumped up and down on this chair and thought it was great!


We played basketball in the driveway and who was it that won knock-out? hmmmmmmmm.....oh yeah! It was MEEEEEEEEEE! Go me, go me (imagine me doing a really good victory dance). 


It was a great Mother's Day! Only like eleven months till the next one!

No comments: