Saturday, July 3, 2010

Concert in the Park


Every summer Bank of the West puts on a concert in Memorial Park and this year was a SUPER big deal because Kansas and Styx were playing! I had never heard of them before but I guess they were a really big hit like thirty years ago and are still pretty loved today.
So Bill and his friend Ben were put in charge of saving 'seats' (fold up chairs and blanket room on the grass) so they showed up at 3:00 a.m. and waited until the gates opened at 5:00 a.m.! They said there were about 1500 other people that showed up when the gates opened so they weren't the only crazy people there :) Then they sat there all day long until all the 60,000 other people showed up for the concert. By the time I got there, they were tired, smelly, sun burnt and starving.......but we had really good seats!


I was a good wife and brought Bill some Taco Bell. It was so incredibly jam packed down there that parking anywhere close was a joke. So Brandon, Sam and I had to park in the Target parking lot a good mile and a half away and walk it.


The sun was really bright....and I saw some of the craziest dance moves from people over fifty last night. They were living it up just like the good ol' days :)


Ashton and I waiting for the fire works to start.
They finally started at 10:00 p.m. and were just spectacular! They did such a great job and since we were close to the stage, the fireworks were going off right above us and it was soooo pretty!
I can't wait for tomorrow to see some more! If you can't tell, fireworks are one of my favorite things!!!!!!

No comments: