Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Birthday To ME!


Well, last Tuesday was my Birthday and my mom, Sawyer and Bill made the day really nice and special but we had begun celebrating the Friday before. It was hard trying to coordinate a time to go out between my in-laws 'busy-ness', my mother's arrival, Alex's baseball games, Father's Day, a graduation party ect. We did get together with my mom, Bill's parents and Bill's Uncle Bruce and Aunt Lynn and their daughter Mya who is best buddies with Sawyer. I had no idea where we were headed for dinner and was so excitedly surprised when we pulled up to Sulivans!

I have wanted to go to this place down town called Sulivans for months now but just never went. It is a FABULOUS very up scale steak house that serves the best of the best. It's very classy dimly lit atmosphere, viewable wine cellar, mahogany paneled walls, and white linen tablecloths. You'll have to dip into your kid's college funds to go there but totally worth it! My camera wasn't working very well so I'm pretty bummed that I didn't take like any pictures that night! But we all enjoyed a delicious dinner of all sorts of different steaks but I think that Bill and I got the best! We decided to share what they call a Tomahawk Steak. It's this huge steak on a huge bone as you can see from the picture! It was SO good!
I also had an out-of-this-world drink (I can't for the life of me remember what they called it). They took thick slices of fresh pineapple and let them soak in huge glass barrels of vodka for three weeks and then would take a few pieces, squeeze out all the juice, shake it with ice and waaaalaa!!!! D-Lish!
Then we went back to our house and opened gifts. This year I took the tacky route and decided to e-mail my family my birthday list! :) That way it took the headache out of it for them trying to figure out something to get me and also ensured that I would get the things that I had wanted for a long time. They all did a fabulous job and I was pretty stoked with my loot!
My in-laws gave me a huge basket full of all sorts of goodies: a new table cloth, different teas that I love, a gorgeous bonsai tree that I takes up more of my time than my day care kids, and these AWESOME rain boots that my father-in-law picked out himself!
Bill and Sawyer got me the new Rubbermaid Tupperware set with interlocking lids that I'd been eying and best of all-a memory foam mattress pad......oh my goodness....this thing is the most amazing thing to sleep on....Thank you Bill and Sawyer!!!
My mom also out did herself and got me my new prized possession~ an apple green Kitchen Aid mixer!!!! It is the most gorgeous thing you've ever seen and I absolutely LOVE it!


That Saturday night we also went to HIRO, my favorite sushi place to celebrate with friends and as always the food was just crazy good! Tuesday, my actually birthday I had to work but it was still a fun day. My mom ran to McDonalds to get Happy Meals for the kids and we had a fun, unhealthy lunch here and Sawyer and Nana Jane had made some really yummy cupcakes for us too! After naptime, we had ice cream cones and what party is complete without birthday CROWNS?!


The kids brought me tons of cards and gifts and we all just really enjoyed the day!


Singing Happy birthday!


Nathan , Ali and Sawyer on a sugar high....


That night we all went out to Fridays with my mom and Sandra and had a nice dinner-a perfect end to a perfect day!*


Mom, Me and Sandra

3 comments:

christel said...

Happy Birthday, Carrie!

Amy Nanney said...

Happy Belated Birthday Carrie! Sounds like you had a fabulous time eating and drinking and getting wonderful things my kinda birthdy! LOVE your Kitchen Aid I got one from huz as a b-day gift just before we got married its the textured gunmetal gray one, LOVE IT and dearly miss it here in Korea : )

Anonymous said...

As always, I loved enjoying the moments with you. What a nice birthday! Love you - Aunt K