Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Beloved PB&J

It's eating time again at the Rollins household (when isn't it time to eat?!?). Sawyer had a hankering for a PB&J and I told him that this time he needed to do it himself. He eagerly accepted the challenge!

Off to work he went, armed with a Gerber knife, a huge jar of JIF peanut butter, a plate of jelly, a hungry tummy and two heels of whole grain bread.....those were the last two piece of bread I had!

About ten minutes into it, I thought about hurrying him along, I thought the bread was going to mold before he was done! But who am I to rush the culinary artistry of an upcoming chef? There was a lot of tender loving care put into this sandwich..lots of spreading, smushing, countless dips into the jar, and finger licking....

It was well worth it!! The perfect PB&J masterpiece was finally finished!!

2 comments:

Benjamin + Amy said...

this should be a Jiff commercial, adorable!

Jane's Junk said...

Looks good Sawyer!! You will have to make one for me when I see you again!!