Thursday, November 11, 2010

12 Days of Cookies

I am a firm believer of not putting up a shred of Christmas decor until your fridge is stocked full of Thanksgiving left overs. (My neighbor, Henry, already has his Christmas lights up and on at night! Really?!?) With that being said, the day care kids and I have cheated that a little bit by starting one of our fun traditions just because of time crunching. Every year the kids and I do the 12 Days of cookies. This year, I had each of the families send in their favorite cookie recipe and why it was special to them. So between now and Christmas break, they will each get to go home with 12 different kinds of cookies along with all the recipes! We started early this year so we didn't have them so jam packed like we did last year!

We started out with Oreo balls, otherwise known as 'Reindeer Poop' from Charlotte's family. The kids had such a blast crushing up the Oreos, rolling them into the balls and dipping them into the dark chocolate! They were SO good! I'm so excited to try all these new and old cookie recipes that you know are just-out-of-this-world good to make it into the 'family favorites' category!

Sawyer helping to put cookies in baggies for everyone to take home!

One of our favorite shows to watch right now is Modern Family. It's a hilarious family comedy of obviously, the modern family! We usually have dinner and watch the show with our good friends, Chad & Stephanie! We either do it at their house or ours and just have a night of good food, laughs and great company!

Last night we all joined forces in the kitchen and it was really fun! The food turned out awesome, if I do say so myself~We had stuffed chicken marsala, with a delicious sauce, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed broccoli, and shrimp bruschetta. D-Lish!



3 comments:

Bill said...

Food was good last night and so where those cookie things. Btw, I should have gotten credit for the shrimp bruschetta as I made them.

Anonymous said...

I love each blog entry, but they always make me hungry! The food looks like something from a magazine! And, I can't believe you have patience enough to make cookies with pre-school children - but, how fun for them. Maybe you should publish those cookie recipes!

Benjamin + Amy said...

ooooo how i miss doing this! we have a sugar cookie mix here that i'll attempt to do something holiday-ish with and i'll probably make peanut brittle again. and the chicken marsala MMM!