Thursday, November 18, 2010

Classic Spritz Cookies (Cookie Day#3)

Today we made Classic Spritz cookies that was Kaiya's family favorite! I was super excited to make these cookies, because Kaiy's mom, Kara brought in this fun 'cookie gun' that you got to use! After making up the almond cookie dough, you fill the canister with the dough, squeeze the handle and out come these perfectly shaped cookies! (or so I thought!) Kara had told me that the first couple of cookies on each sheet come out looking terrible, but then they get better.....but oh my word, mine looked like play dough lumps....so after going back online to re-watch the 'how-to' video again, we started cranking out some really good cookies!





Once again, the kids just loved being able to help out~After informing several times that, "Mom I know how to it, I really do!", Sawyer cracked the eggs for us! He actually did a lot better then I had predicted! He tapped them on the side of the bowl really gnetly until we heard a little crack and then dumped them in like a pro! With no shell in sight! Good Job Buddy!














Everyone's favorite part was their chance to use the gun! Usually when we are making cookies, I let the kids do most of it (the reason for very misshapen, odd sized cookies) but today was hard for me to let them do it themselves because I WANTED TO USE THE GUN! :)
Now I'm pretty sure I need one of those cookie guns....

No comments: