Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Forest of Thanks

In preparation for Thanksgiving next week, we have been talking here at Day Care quite a bit about the things that we are thankful for. It was a bit challenging at the beginning, trying to get them to go beyond the Sunday School answers of family and friends.....but in our daily chats about it, they've come up with some really unique ones such as: my hands, pull ups, ice cream, the free cookies at the bakery counter, Happy Meals, bubbles, presents, pink (just the color, not a pink something....just pink.) and when we get to color with markers. Then the most honest answer, "I'm Sanksful for MEself." And there you have it :)

We made trees of thanks today and this one was Sawyer's!

What a wonderful forest of Thanks!!
It's been a so good talking everyday about the things in life that are a true blessing, whether large or small. It guess that's something that I should be doing every single day, but unfortunately a lot of the time I'm nagging my husband, smothering my child, yelling at Phoebi to stop putting her head on my shoulder when I'm watching TV or complaining about how much I 'need' an SUV......God has blessed me, he really has and i need to remember that.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Precious Thanksgiving Day reminders!