Monday, November 15, 2010

Let's Get Crafty!

I have been so blessed to find myself with a tremendous group of girlfriends! In the few years of living here in Omaha, we have formed this posse of girls (and their families!) that have stuck together through thick and thin, weddings, babies, first time home buying, tears, laughter, vacations and snow and adding people as we went along! We decided instead of doing our Girl's Night Out, we'd do a Girl's night IN! With Christmas just around the corner, we thought we should get our craft on! After a very long and indecisive trip to Hobby Lobby, we hunkered down in my basement to make some Christmas wreaths!

Not without fueling up on some pizza first!

And before you knew it, the creative juices began to flow, there was glitter flying, "U" pins guarded and a continuous yelps and shrieks from finger tips being burnt by hot glue...but all in the spirit of Christmas! :)

I was pretty sure we were going to burn the house down with the number of glue guns that we had, but it's still intact! Unfortunately though, some of us underestimated and miscalculated how much of things we were going to need, so some creations went momentarily unfinished....but not even that could damper our spirits-not with NSYC Christmas playing in the background! (It was the only Christmas CD I could find stashed in my CD case from High School OK?!?!)





























We had SUCH A BLAST!!!!! It was really neat to see all of our different styles and personalities come out as we got crafty! I'm not including a picture of the aftermath of the wreath session that was all over my carpet, but all I can say is I'm so glad we had invested in buying a Dyson....

No comments: