Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Orange Drops (Cookie Day #2)

Today was Day #2 in our 12 Days Of Cookies! We baked Orange Drop cookies brought in by Sawyer's little friend Boyde! They are these great buttery shortbread cookies that have a great orangie zing to them!

All the kids had their aprons on and were ready to 'help'! They each took turns dumping, measuring and stirring. Baking is such a great time to incorporate some math as we add things together! As usual, we made a double batch so that everyone had a baggie to take home!

Sawyer and his Buddies~Avery and Dane!



The three stooges just LOVE having their picture taken if you couldn't tell! :) They kept saying, "Take one more! Take one more!" What hams.....

Now our little ladies would have none of that! :) Kendyl and Charlotte like the more mature look!

And of course, the last step: Hand Washing.
This takes waaaay too long each time and usually ends up in some sort of scuffufle about how was in line first, or who didn't use soap, or who used too much soap and what temperature each of them like the water to be when it's their turn.....but we had a great morning of baking!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Carrie!!! I couldn't figure out how to write you a message on the blog, so I am just commenting on this post.. I happened to see you comment on one of Brittney Rollins (picketts's) posts and was sooo excited!!! I had seen your blog forever ago, but then wasen't sure how to find it again... I have read like the whole thing now and really enjoyed catching up with what you are doing and seeing all of the pictures of your beautiful baby!! It looks like you have a very full and blessed life =) And I know that all your day-care kids must love you to pieces! Anyways, I hope all is well with you and your family, and we need to catch up sometime!!! Miss you,
Heather Parker (Warkentien)

Heather said...

Oh, I had no idea when I commented that it would link back to that blog of mine... Lol.. Please, don't judge that blog... I was playing around when I started couponing a couple of years ago and don't know how to get rid of it... haha..

Carrie Rollins said...

Heather!!!
Oh my goodness! I was so excited when I saw that you were on the blog!
What is your e-mail address? just so we don't have to catch up in the comment section! :) lol I'm really hoping you'll see this.....ok-my e-mail is: carrie.rollins@yahoo.com

Write me!!!! :)

Heather said...

Lol, mine is heather.parker@remax.net... Right now I am in Lexington Ky, staying at my parents house. MY mom broke her foot earlier in the week and had surgery on it today. I came up to help out with the twins, and help my mom get around (they have a ginourmas three story house that makes it hard with her crutches.) But, when I get back home I will write you a nice newsy email!