Thursday, March 24, 2011

In the Kitchen














The other day I was browsing around another blog that had pictures of a Stromboli (pizza bread) and it just looked so yummy and I knew I had to make it. I found a winning recipe on Food Network and went to work! It was a perfect thing to make that you could kind of do a fridge clean and dump everything in: pepperoni, pancetta, peppers, onions, Italian sausage, mushrooms, olives, sharp provolone and of course-mozzarella! I was a little hesitant about making the pizza dough myself, but hey, Go BIG or go home. And by some miracle, it came out perfectly! Dip it in some marinara sauce, with a salad and a good movie.......nice. I want to try another one with spinach, artichokes and mushrooms....yummmy....

They are never too young to just 'know' how to do this....

We had some mushy bananas laying around so I decided to make some sour cream banana bread with the kids today! It was pretty eventful....between teaching them how to crack eggs, cleaning up spilled eggs off the chairs and floor to making half of the recipe wrong and needing to start over from scratch.


























But the final product was amazing. The sour cream made the bread sooo moist and fluffy and then of course we topped it off with some decadent cream cheese frosting.....D-lish!

And as always, after baking with the children, my kitchen looked like a tornado had whipped through and I was left with the mess while they scampered of to play.....there's something wrong with this scenario...... :)

No comments: