Friday, July 8, 2011

Parent's Perk Morning

We were due for another Parent's Perk since our last one was over a month ago, so last night at 9:30 p.m. I had the brilliant idea of making homemade cinnamon rolls! Yup, not one of my brightest moments. But I was determined! After whipping out a double recipe, letting them rise for two hours, rolling them out and covering them for their sleepover in the fridge...I was pooped! It was 1:00 a.m. and it felt as though I had been up for days.

It was back up again for me, at 5:00 a.m. to take the rolls out, let them rise and bake them off. They smelled GLORIOUS! They rose to become these perfectly plump, soft, melt-in-your-mouth balls of heaven.....but for those of you who have never made homemade cinnamon rolls before, here's a tip: Let the rolls cool in the pan fora a while before you put your icing on! If you get impatient like me and only wait about 47 seconds, the icing will melt and fall into the crevices of the rolls like little pools of heaven. Then you'll stick your finger in the middle so you can taste it and you will burn yourself and possibly let out an expletive. You'll be so hurt that you'll have to stuff a cinnamon roll into your mouth to comfort yourself. And possibly another one because the first one was too hot to enjoy. Not that I have experienced any of this mind you....














I ground coffee beans, put the juices on ice, got out all our coffee stuff and waited for the onslaught of hungry parents! I think they really enjoyed it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks SO good (as always)! We had a great time with your Mom and Sawyer.

Rachael said...

As a former parent... I DEMAND my share of sweet retributions! LOL Oh my Carrie.. that looks sooooooooo yummy.