Friday, August 31, 2012

Double Trouble


Last night our dinner group was at Chad & Stephanie's house and the weather was just PERFECT! We have been getting a bit of a hot weather blast due to hurricane Issac, but I'm not complaining! Raylan and his girlfriend, Bella enjoyed each other's company...she tugged on his mohawk and he pulled her bow off...ahhh young love.....


Sawyer and his buddy, Nolan spent most of the evening outside since it was sooo gorgeous! Stephanie had made some really good slow-cooked BBQ chicken....D-lish!


These two just ran and ran and ran! They rolled in the grass, took running leaps off of the deck, 'played' Frisbee and wrestled until they were good and itchy!


They tuckered themselves out! 


I'm soo glad that it's Friday! Wahoo! It's been a l-o-n-g week......Bill and I are headed to Kansas city tonight and will stay till tomorrow night, without the kids! Which means: Raylan's first night away from mommy! (Yikes!) I have to admit I'm pretty anxious about it. They will be staying with Papa Steve and Nana Kathy and I know they are going to have such a blast and Raylan will be spoiled rotten.....but the first night away from him will be hard. I remember Sawyer's first sleep over at Nana & Papa's house when he was probably about five months old and I cried all the way back home! It seems silly now, since Sawyer spends every Saturday night at their house, but there's always something about the first night away that is tough...

I hope everyone has a great long weekend! Anyone have any fun Labor Day plans?

No comments: