Thursday, August 15, 2013

First Grade, Here He Comes....



The first day of school kind of crept up on us! So yes, I was that mom at Walmart (yuck) at 5:30 a.m. in my pajama pants getting a pencil box and liquid glue....the two items that Target had run out of last weekend. Out of liquid glue....really Target? Shame. We put together a little gift for Mrs. Pederson for Sawyer to bring on his first day. It said, "I'm doing Flips that you're my teacher!"


Just like last year, we had a big first day of school breakfast! Scrambled eggs, strawberries and cinnamon rolls-Sawyer's favorites! 


Opening his 'Welcome to First Grade' gift.


The three of us......Raylan was being a sleepyhead.


Traditional first day of school photo shoot! (Mind you, all of his buddies were all walking up to their bus stop right as we went out to take pictures....so you can imagine how embarrassing that was for him!)


Can anyone spot the photo bomb??


Drop off for the first day of First Grade is a whole different ball game than the first day of Kindergarten. Last year, I sobbed my way through the school, into the office to pay his lunch bill and all the way out to the car and the entire ride home....but this year, I totally kept my cool! Way to go, me! He was so excited to see his friends and knew his way around the building. 


What a good looking group!

2 comments:

Jane's Junk said...

Carrie, I just love your blogs!! Thanks for posting them!!!!

Aline Portela said...

Como ele é lindo!! Amei o post...vou fazer quando a Sophia for para escola ;) Que Deus dê um ano muito especial para ele!!